
Okay, so I gave in...since most of my best friends from good ole SP have started blogs, alas, I have given in to their constant begging (that's for you, Di) and decided to start one about our little family. I do see the point of them since I myself am an avid blog stalker and it is a wonderful way to catch up and see how people in your life who are very important to you are doing (if time doesn't allow for a phone call or an e-mail). Though it has taken me until now to actually start one. I'm thinking I'll always be the one posting, but Matthew may be making some surprise guest appearences :)
I hope to use this as a way to keep those we love up to date on all that's happening with us since I often find when there is news to share, it can sometimes be challenging to reach everyone without sending out mass e-mails and then spending hours on the phone with those who don't have e-mail (and there are still some stubborn, "no, I just don't understand e-mail, and if people really want to get in touch with me, they can call!" people out there that we know).
So here's the latest for all you out there...it seems like yesterday that it was Sunday, August 7th, 2005 and the Fohner Family was established in an amazing wedding ceremony not too far away from where I grew up. Since then, it's been 908 days (according to The Knot) of love, living, and lessons. We both are currently enjoying our 3rd year of teaching Phys. Ed. here in Fred-neck County (Matthew @ the middle school level and me @ the high school level). We also spend a lot of time at our church home, Faith Baptist, where we are volunteer Youth Group Leaders. Since our college athletic careeers are sadly years behind us, we love coaching...Matt as the JV Boys B-ball Coach @ a high school and me (formally, the Head Varsity Girls Lax @ the school I teach at) the church b-ball girl's 1st & 2nd grade team's coach. Though we like our job as teachers, we LOVE summer and look forward to that extra time that we can spend with family and friends, especially at the beach. No little Fohner's yet, as we haven't felt God's call of parenting strong enough to start that adventure (and from all of heard from our friends who are parents, it will be an adventure that we look forward to sharing with you all). Currently, we love being parents to our beautiful, black lab puppy, Aslan, who will turn 2 on April 13th. She's definitely been enough of an adventure since she came into our life a year and a half ago.
Today, Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed day off from school due to a constant icy mix that started early this morning and closed the schools...YES! I think speaking optimistically about having off for today during my classes yesterday helped :) It's been so nice to take some time to catch up on e-mails and such today and more importantly, spend some time together since we're getting to the tail end of the busy b-ball season. Being married is the second best decision I have ever made (a phrase that I'm stealing from Matthew...the best decision that he said he's ever made is accepting Jesus; a statement that I'm stealing from Matthew, as well). In fact, we just prayed earlier today about how blessed we really are with all the things God has given us in our life...our amazing family, wonderful friends, and possessions that God has entrusted to us; our house that we were able to purchase at the tender ages of 25 & 22 (still crazy to think about), our jobs, etc. I feel like if I listed everything, I'd be typing forever. God is SO Good!
Alright, enough blogging for one day...I'm off to enjoy a great, home-cooked meal by the awesome hubby (who is, thankfully, the family cook...I'm still working on not burning things I pop in the microwave after all these years). I LOVE SNOW DAYS!!!
I hope to use this as a way to keep those we love up to date on all that's happening with us since I often find when there is news to share, it can sometimes be challenging to reach everyone without sending out mass e-mails and then spending hours on the phone with those who don't have e-mail (and there are still some stubborn, "no, I just don't understand e-mail, and if people really want to get in touch with me, they can call!" people out there that we know).
So here's the latest for all you out there...it seems like yesterday that it was Sunday, August 7th, 2005 and the Fohner Family was established in an amazing wedding ceremony not too far away from where I grew up. Since then, it's been 908 days (according to The Knot) of love, living, and lessons. We both are currently enjoying our 3rd year of teaching Phys. Ed. here in Fred-neck County (Matthew @ the middle school level and me @ the high school level). We also spend a lot of time at our church home, Faith Baptist, where we are volunteer Youth Group Leaders. Since our college athletic careeers are sadly years behind us, we love coaching...Matt as the JV Boys B-ball Coach @ a high school and me (formally, the Head Varsity Girls Lax @ the school I teach at) the church b-ball girl's 1st & 2nd grade team's coach. Though we like our job as teachers, we LOVE summer and look forward to that extra time that we can spend with family and friends, especially at the beach. No little Fohner's yet, as we haven't felt God's call of parenting strong enough to start that adventure (and from all of heard from our friends who are parents, it will be an adventure that we look forward to sharing with you all). Currently, we love being parents to our beautiful, black lab puppy, Aslan, who will turn 2 on April 13th. She's definitely been enough of an adventure since she came into our life a year and a half ago.
Today, Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed day off from school due to a constant icy mix that started early this morning and closed the schools...YES! I think speaking optimistically about having off for today during my classes yesterday helped :) It's been so nice to take some time to catch up on e-mails and such today and more importantly, spend some time together since we're getting to the tail end of the busy b-ball season. Being married is the second best decision I have ever made (a phrase that I'm stealing from Matthew...the best decision that he said he's ever made is accepting Jesus; a statement that I'm stealing from Matthew, as well). In fact, we just prayed earlier today about how blessed we really are with all the things God has given us in our life...our amazing family, wonderful friends, and possessions that God has entrusted to us; our house that we were able to purchase at the tender ages of 25 & 22 (still crazy to think about), our jobs, etc. I feel like if I listed everything, I'd be typing forever. God is SO Good!
Alright, enough blogging for one day...I'm off to enjoy a great, home-cooked meal by the awesome hubby (who is, thankfully, the family cook...I'm still working on not burning things I pop in the microwave after all these years). I LOVE SNOW DAYS!!!
4 comments:
Or put too many noodles in a pot and let them overflow ;) JK
So, did you send out an email about this blog, because apparently I wasn't on it?!?!?
ANYWAYS... I AM SO EXCITED you started a blog!!! YAY!!! Now you must post... if you have enough time to blog stalk, you have enough time to post!
What is the noodle comment...that must be mommmy brain ;)
No, I didn't send out an e-mail about this blog, but I did text you...I think it was just you...maybe I texted Jason, too.
Okay, 2 posts in 4 days...is that enough to quench a fellow blog stalkers thirst for blogs?
Love you!
I'm impressed, your beating me on posts Lyns! :) I finally loaded a picture. Haha! Soo...the overflowing noodles comment was from our Christmas dinner silly...how could you forget?!?! That's why your friends are here, to make sure you remember wonderful things like that to keep us laughing about life. xoxo
Haha...okay, I remember the noodles. Matt's the cook in our house, geeez Louise, people...I try! Haha...I know you guys are just messing with me. I'm overdue for a posting, but have some grading to do. We'll see if I get to it today...hopefully!
Love you, Jax!
Post a Comment