Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Long Time...No Blog

Okay, I know it's been forever.  Two weeks ago, my 7-year-old Dell laptop bit the dust.  I can still kind of use it, but the right side of the keyboard has now decided not to cooperate with me.  I would go to type a certain letter and a number would appear.  For example, if I went to type something like, "this computer stinks" it would come out like, "th8s c97p4ter st8n0s."  Yes, very annoying.  I figured my computer would die soon so Matt and I have been looking at Macs on-line and at Best Buy, but I was taking forever to decide so Matt surprised me with one!  It just came today and I'm definitely still learning how to use it (it took us about 45 minutes just to figure out how to bring up the Internet).  It's beautiful, about 5 pound lighter than my PC, and doesn't need to be plugged into an outlet all the time like my PC did because the battery was so ancient and worn down.  I just tried to look for a picture of it, but you can't copy and paste on a Mac like you can on a PC.  I'm gonna need to hit up my Mac-savvy little bros.

In other news, two of our best friends are just found out today that they are having a boy!  Congrats, Jake and Beth!  Beth has already given birth to 3 girls, so needless to say they are super-psyched, as are the rest of our Small Group.  I would post a pic up of them, but my camera has also decided to not function as well.  Once I figure out how to post pics I'll have to upload pics from Matt's camera that we've taken recently.

Alright, I'm off to figure out more about this awesome new computer!  I'm feeling very loved and blessed right now  :)

3 comments:

Di said...

I was wondering where you went... I must say, I'm very disappointed in my friends (you, Jax, Nicki AND Bond)... you're not avid bloggers ;) HAHAH! JK, I know we're all busy!

jacklyn dyan said...

Okay, I love that I just finished a post and checked on your blog to find you had recently done the same! I'm at a slow pace of 1 post per month. Maybe March will be crazy and I'll throw in another! Congrats on the new computer, I'm in the market as well...I've been considering a Mac too, you'll have to keep me posted on the transition. Enjoy!

Jason Mallare said...

I'm pretty sure the reason your keyboard was doing that is because your caps-lock key was on. On laptops, they double up the letters and numbers on the right side...try turning off caps-lock, and you should be good to go! (i know because Di's laptop does the same thing).

JP