So you'll be seeing lots of pics like this in a few weeks because the Fohn Fam is headed off to enjoy the sun & surf over the next 2 weeks with the Bateman Clan :) We left Fred-neck yesterday morning to head to Pete's (Matt's Dad's) house in Davidsonville to have a Mini-Fohner Family Reunion. The real Ward-Fohner Reunion is August 8th-10th in O.C., but Matt's youngest of his older sister is pregnant with her and her husband's fourth child and isn't allowed to travel far from home from now on. So Pete wanted to have all of his kids, their spouses, and grandkids over, since the Sifford's can't come to the reunion. So the eighteen of us all enjoyed a nice cook out while being constantly soaked by water balloons and squirt guns from the nephews and nieces. We all don't get together but a few times a year since they're so many of us, so it was really nice to spend time with everyone.
We're having a nice, relaxing afternoon at my mom's house then we're heading off to the Mallare's to have a chill dinner, hang out with J & Di, and play with little Lily. Tomorrow morning my Dad's flying us down to Ft. Lauderdale with my little bro's and treating us all to a cruise :) We'll stop in Key West and Cozumel, which we're really excited about because Key West was one of our stops on our Honeymoon and we've never been to Mexico, so we're psyched.
When we get back on Friday we're headed straight to Bethany for a week with my Mom...wooo-who! This time of year is when we absolutely LOVE being teachers. God's really blessed us with the ability to be able to enjoy the first few years of married life with summer's off...time to spend with each other working camps at the beach, going on vacations, and just relaxing together.
So here's to a great, safe, wonderful time on a much needed vacation...see you all in a few weeks!
P.S. This is a pic of my mom and I in the OBX on the 4th. Yeah, I got a haircut...I promise I'll put more pics of it when I get back, but it's so nice having short hair. I definitely feel more sophisticated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment