Thursday, September 18, 2008

Throwback Thursday

Man, do I wish we could keep the tradition of heading to OC to enjoy scenery like this today...
Fair Day is annual Friday in September when the schools close here in Fred-neck County so that all employees & kids can enjoy the "Great Frederick Fair".  Yes, make sure to always say "Great"...I made the mistake once of calling it "The Fair" and was abruptly corrected.  These country peeps take their fair seriously!

So b/c I refuse to consider myself a Fred-necktonian (even though I have lived here for 3+ years) & I'm a beach girl at heart (man, do I miss the peninsula that is my hometown & the river-lined town on the shore where I attended college) the Barnette & Fohner Fams have always met up with our buddy Ed & his fiance, Jenette, for a weekend on the shore.

Now, this would be the usual deal this year to make it a 4th year tradition, but noooo, some smarties who make our school calendar decided to give the kids off on Fair Day, but make it a Professional Day for the employees!  Which means that we lose out on four 2-Hour-Early-Dismissal Days throughout the year.  What?!

So alas, I will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see this...
taken on Fair Day last year...and this...
oh, the memories of good 'ole Salisbury University...

site of the first meeting of the Matthew Fohner Fam,
where we team taught PE together,
where we fell in love,
where I was able to achieve athletically more than I ever could imagine,
where my teammates & I won a National Championship in Field Hockey,
where my teammates & I lost a National Championship Game in Lacrosse by 2 goals in an almost perfect season (& I still have a whole year of eligibility left in both sports...not happening, this 26-year-old body has had it with collegiate athletics!)

...where I was molded into the person I am today.


...and this...
I have to wait a whole 'nother day to see all this?

Fun Fact...my dad attended SU for a semester back in the mid-70's & actually lived in this building before it was the main building on campus.  His dorm was somewhere on the 3rd floor.

All well...at least we still get to go & I get to leave school @ 1:15 tomorrow...woo who!!!


And in other news...
150 views per week...thanks for tuning in  :)

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

Hey there! I finally made it over... life with an 11 month old makes everything 10x's harder to accomplish! Adam and I have thought about the groups but he has a standing Thursday meeting so I need to be home with little one and he gets up for work at 5 Mon - Thurs so I don't know about being out at a bible study Sunday night. Plus we would have to get the grandma/grandpa to watch little one...

What do the other parents in the bible study do with their kids?