Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4 Years Ago Yesterday...

...on Easter Monday...


...I was asked the best question ever...
(if you can't see it, it says, "I love you, Lynsey...will you marry me?")


While putting the last piece of that puzzle into place (the one with the ring finger on the left hand pictured on it...no, I didn't pick up on that...Thew had to tell me about it later) & I read those amazing words, Thew knelt down beside me & popped open a black leather box with a stunning colorless princess cut diamond ring.

With tears in both our eyes I managed to squeak out a "yes" and we embraced into my favorite hug of all time.  He slipped the ring on my finger and took out a piece of paper.  He had written down things he knew he wanted to say, but knew he would be too nervous to remember...no I'm not sharing what he wrote, some things need to be private, people  ;)

For a while, we just relished in the knowledge that this day had finally come.  I can still remember the pure joy & excitement that we couldn't contain...I just kept staring at my finger, struggling to believe this day had finally happened.  Snuggled up together, we picked a range of time that we thought would work to fit a ceremony in & then called our families.  My Dad already knew since Thew had taken him to lunch earlier that day to ask for his permission & blessing and Thew's whole family already knew because he had showed them the ring, but I'm pretty sure we caught everyone else in my family by surprise.


Then, Thew & I headed over to my apartment to find this waiting for us...
...I have the best college roomies ever...


If I seem sappy, I'm sorry...I get this way every year around this time.  Thew proposed right before our 2 year Dating Anniversary on Easter Monday, so from this time of the year until around September, I'm flying high in reminiscing all about our engagement & wedding.  I can't help it...I still get all giddy thinking about it.  So blog readers, beware...I'm just warning you that I'm a sappster & will be for the next few months.  If that's going to bother you, just feel free ignore this site for a few months & check back in during the Fall  :)


Until then, I'll be looking forward to celebrating the 4th Anniversary of this in less than 4 months...
Fohner Family ouuuttt...

1 comment:

The Shullenbargers said...

wow you're right you only have room to get sappier. I thought you were celebrating your anniversary not the engagement. silly me.