Monday, June 29, 2009

This Week...

At 5:45 this morning, Thew's alarm buzzed loud in my ear & tried as best as I could to roll over & ignore the sounds of his morning routine so I could get some more shut eye after the fireworks that kept me awake past 10:30 (who lets off fire works for 30 minutes staring at 10:00 PM almost a week before the 4th of July anyway?). It was a Sunday night for crying out loud...ok, I know I'm getting old by writing that, but seriously, some of us have dogs that lick your face until you wake up at 6:00 AM to feed them & don't care that you didn't get your 8 hours.

I digress...at what seemed like a minute later, he was giving me a hug & a kiss goodbye. I won't see him again until the end of the week :(

I don't do well with not seeing my husband & I actually don't mind feeling this way...after all, marriages were meant to be experienced together. It's probably a warning sign that things aren't the way they should be if I don't feel like a part of me is missing when he's not around for a while. Remembering that doesn't make it any easier, though.

Where's he at, do you ask? Here...


doing this...


with our old college mascot in the sand...


Now, he is actually "working" this week as well...if you can call coaching B-Ball Camp at Northside Park in OC "working"...we don't really. We're very blessed to be able to not have to work during the 8 weeks we have off each Summer, but who are we kidding here? If you know Thew & I at all, we don't do well with having nothing on our schedule. Do we like the occasional days when we have "NOP" (no outside plans) & we can do whatever we want because nothing is on the schedule...YES. But 8 weeks of that? No thank you...that's what would get done, absolutely nothing.

So since this is the 5th Summer that we've been married, we're sticking to the usual plan of finding odd & end jobs to keep us busy, build up our savings, & earn some "Summer fun money". Thew's working 4 camps & I'm working for the county tweaking our Health & PE curriculum for 3 weeks. Because work overlaps a little for us, we only have 3 weeks off together (which we plan to spend doing house projects that have been neglected throughout the year), as well as go away for our 4th Anniversary (but that's for another blog post :)


So hopefully, by the end of the week, I will be doing this...


posing for some shots like this...


with this handsome man...
when I join Thew at the ocean :)


but until then, I'll be hanging out with this chica...





having some girls time with my fav Fred-neck friends...

host the boys in the Bateman fam for dinner & a night of enjoying our new flat screen...

& miss gabbing & hanging out with my best friend....

at least I get to catch up on some things & (more importantly) spend some time with some of the other awesome people in my life...


& at least Thursday's not too far away :)

No comments: