Monday, June 18, 2012

Daddy's Day

I was Mrs. Sappy Sapperson on FB yesterday & put up a pic of Matthew & A.B. on Father's Day, so why wouldn't I continue that on here  ;)

the first picture ever taken of Matthew holding Abram

Watching the big guy in this pic interact with his nephews & nieces (heck, the fact that he loved kids enough to be pursing teaching in college when I met him at a young 20 years old) helped me know that he would be an awesome daddy.

Though we had a longer & tougher journey into parenthood than most, Matthew & I believe that what we've had to do/continue to do to expand our family has made us better parents than we ever could have been.  Our journey has taught us patience in God's timing, that He is faithful, & that miracles happen.

Early in our marriage, I remember thinking that I loved how we work well as a team (dubbing us "Team Fohner").  That concept has become even more firm since we became parents.  As former college athletes, we both know what it takes to work together.  I am so thankful for his help, his encouragement, his ability to do so many things well that I don't excel in (especially cooking!), & his willingness to pick up my slack or do things for us that I just don't feel like doing/ever get around to doing (which tends to be a fair amount nowadays since I'm pregnant again).


The world is a better place because he is in it.


And even better now that a piece of him lives on in Abram & this little one that will join our family in a matter of months.


As my boys lay sleeping upstairs (yes, it's 8:30 & they are both still snoring...this is a rare treat since A.B. usually rises around 7:00), I feel so blessed to have these two  :)  Even more blessed that Abram & this new little one will have such a great example of our Heavenly Father here on earth.


Thanks for all you do, Matthew!!!

No comments: