End of day shout out to our bestest friends, Kyle & Ashley Barnette, to say HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY!!!
This time last year we were finishing dancing, saying goodnight, and reminiscing on the awesome memories of the time leading up to the wedding of mine best friend to Matt's best friend.
I believe around this time of the night last year, Erica and I were desperately trying to nonchalantly go through their wedding gifts to find the sheets that they registered for that we knew someone got for them but that they needed that night since they were going back to the house they had just bought. We wanted to make sure that their first night together was just perfect and you obviously need sheets on a bed for that to happen, so here are the Bridesmaid and Brides Matron frantically searching through gifts that are not ours trying to find what would look like a set of sheets while the Maid of Honor distracts the guests so that they don't notice. Ummm, a little awkward. I'm pretty sure that Matt and Ben were doing their worm dance in their tuxes around this time, too, so I'm pretty sure no one noticed.
Anyway, who cares if anyone did notice...we found the sheets, they had an awesome first night, and Ash I and were free to gossip and giggle about it in the back seat of mine & Matt's car as we drove them to the airport at 5:30 the next morning.
So Happy 1st Anniversary, guys (even though I know you almost never read this thing). We wanted to let you know we were thinking about you today and praying for you that God continues to bless your union! Some of the best and favorite moments of mine & Matt's life together have been spent with you all. We love you!!!
P.S. Kyle & Ash, thought you would both appreciate the pic with "Stevie Brue-na" in the background from the annual Valentine's Day Dinner...he almost looks as if he just chopped a quart of wood in an hour ;)
1 comment:
hey lyns, i don't blame them for not reading this blog, i mean you barely updated it and now we're experiencing fohner blog overload - we're not sure what to do with ourselves! hahah
Post a Comment