because we totally do! Yes, Sonic is that good. Yes, if you live by one, I'm sure you vastly under appreciate it. Yes, we are that big of fans of this place to spend just under an hour in the car just to get there. Why, do you ask? Oh, do you even have to? Too many reasons to count, that's why :)
Indulgence with food is just one of the many things we Fohner's like to do so we think absolutely nothing of spending a total of 4 hours in the car just to reach our favorite destinations for good grub.
We started the day with our favorite Entenmann's & had a very lazy morning. Then it was off to the closest Sonic in Winchester, VA with Jill (our trusty GPS) leading the way. It was a beautiful drive so after enjoying our meal we looped back through Harpers Ferry to take in some more sights. It was almost enough to make us park right there and jump in the river...so beautiful. We got back just in time to relax and take a nap before heading out to dinner in B-more.
On the way there, God surprised us with this...
how cool! We figured it would rain at some point yesterday since on the days of every single big event in our life together, it has rained at some point on those days...our first kiss...our first date (yes, we realize those events are out of order, but it just kind of happened, we were friends only [in my eyes] for 6 months before Matt realized I was starting to feel something more for him, too)...the night Matthew told me he loved me & the night I told him I loved him, too...the night we got engaged (which the rain caused to happen at his college apartment & not at our favorite sunset spot on the beach, it was still perfect, though)...and yes, even our wedding day (just in the early morning) & then it was gorgeous out.
So we finally got to the restaurant for our late night reservation and it was a blast. The last time I went to Restaurante Tio Pepe was when my parents took me for my 17th Birthday (9 years ago at the end of this month, so I was craving some sangria & roast duck :)
The food was awesome and it helps when your date is the hottest & funniest dude in the restaurant. We each had a really good dessert, but low and behold, come 3:00 AM this girl was yakking in commode. I'm not sure why, but praise God, I was only up for 10 minutes or so and I feel fine this morning (enough to continue the indulgence that is Entenmann's). The worst part of yakking is always that time leading up to it when you know you are, but you just have to wait until your body is ready and thankfully, I woke up right away and was able to make it to the bathroom in time. No, I'm not pregnant...this was definitely the dessert so don't you fellow blog-stalkers get any ideas just yet ;)

to walk around and reminisce about that special day 3 years ago (thanks again to J Mallare for his AWESOME rendition of Jars of Clay's "I Want To Fall in Love with You" in the pic...Di, every time we hear that song, Matt always says that Jason sang it better :).
Of course, for the 2nd time of visiting on our anniversary, there was an all-black wedding reception that had finished up 30 minutes before so it was totally obvious that we were traipsing around the after-party un-invited. All well, the party WAS over and I did call ahead to make sure it was okay we walked around, so we're good. We've made it a goal to visit there on every anniversary that we're in town just to remember the day. Last year we were in CA for our anniversary so that was nixed, but anytime we spend the anniversary near home, we're there :)
So here's to our Three-Peat and to all the ones that follow :)
We'll catch you all on the flip side...we've got the big Ward/Fohner Family Reunion down in O.C. this weekend along with Mark & Dana's Wedding (I LOVE going to weddings around our anniversary :) to squeeze in back here on the Western Shore on Saturday. More to come about that early next week & I'll finally finish posting from our 2 week vaca...until then, peeeace.
1 comment:
What a fun day! Kevin and I actually met in Harpers Ferry, floating in inner tubes down the river! It was a fun day : ) We also have numerous Sonics in town... at least 5! I go there several times a week to get a half priced cherry slush during happy hour. Have no fear, I do not take for granted that I can pull into a Sonic anywhere across town.
Post a Comment