So after flying back from FL & the last morning of the cruise that last Friday in July, Patch & I hopped in the car and headed straight to Bethany Beach. I love long drives with people I love and this one was no exception. He's a sweet little bro & the little Renaissance Man of the family...basically anything he does, the little 19-year-old excels at & he is one of the kindest souls I know. How many teenagers hug their sisters and say, "I love ya, sis" and actually hold you tight and mean it? BTW, he's totally not available...he happens to have been dating the little sister of one of my former Young Life girls for over 3 years now, and I love Christine, so don't mess ;)

Macs are fun...

BTW, the face on Scotty's shirt is actually my mom's sister, Martha...we got a kick out of it
There's a normal looking pic of my Scotty, my Aunt, & I...and don't get me wrong, I LOVE my other little bro, too. Scotty is fiercely overprotective, even though he's 18 months younger than me, I know he'll always take care of me. As long as I can remember, he's been in my life and I love how I can't remember a time that he hasn't been "Goggy" (my nickname for him when we were little). BTW, he IS available, but you have to go through ME first ;) and I'm VERY picky and just as overprotective.
I love my Aunt, too...she's my super chic, DC-living, tell it like it is, fun-loving, Italy-vacation-sharing, always-makes-me-laugh, cool-to-the-max, spoils-me-rotten Aunt. She's only 15 years older than me, so I'm super attached to her, too :)

There's my super hot Mom...she gets a post devoted entirely to her, come December. Come on, I've already gotten waaay too sentimental in this post anyway. I bet a few of you have just scrolled down and aren't even paying any attention to what I'm writing anymore ;)

Greg & Patch clamming & finding a huge horseshoe crab. Greg let the his lab, Fenwick (pic below) grab it and tote it around for a while...hilarious! Don't worry, that horseshoe crab was fine & I'm pretty sure learned his lesson about swimming close too close to my feet!

I think this was the one time that my Mom's Chesapeake Bay Retriever Puppy, Deacon was actually kinda still. He is DEFINITELY a puppy...mouthy, vocal, and a huge annoyance to humans and fellow dogs. Poor Aslan has had to suffer through over a week & a half with him at my Mom's house this summer while Thew and I were away on other vacations. He's slowly but surely growing out of the puppy stage, though :)

Patch & SPHS friend, Chris, who came down for a few nights. I like him, even though he plays lax for UNC ;)

My Momma & her Momma...they rock my socks off :)

Todd, Mom, & Crazy Dog...

The week was super fun and relaxing...a GREAT way to end our two weeks of fun. Grandpa, Grandma, Mom, Todd, Aunt Martha, Scotty, Patch, Christine, Thew, and I had a blast spending our days on the beach & outlet shopping and our nights watching movies & mini-golfing. I think I almost talked my Mom & Aunt's ears off that first day...I hadn't talked to a female in almost a week and I had some serious jonesing for some estrogen company after 5 straight days of being surrounded by my Dad, little bro's, and husband.
Summer is a great time to not only spend time with family & friends as well as catch up on things and slow down. Not only was this week good for that, I actually got some great clarity on something I had been struggling with for months. God basically had to hit me in the face with a 2x4 for me to get it, but I finally did...and I'm so thankful to have that fervent prayer answered, but that's another blog post for another day :)
Until then, this is the Fohner Family...signing off!

No comments:
Post a Comment