Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Somebody's ONE!

Five days before A.B.'s big day we threw a shindig for little dude.  We squeezed in most of the following on 2 out of 3 floors of our house...

Abram's great grandparents...

our four parents & their spouses/fiance...

all five of our siblings & their spouses/girlfriend...

all ten of our nephews & nieces...

all twelve girls (& their families) from my Bible Study...

& a few other of our closest friends

{whew}

needless to say it was a packed house,

but a very fun one  :)

Abram looks like his father here, no?


these are what Abram has in his hands for most of the day, every single day.  I mean, I have to hide these suckers from him so he can actually use his hands.  He even crawls with them...cracks me up. 

one of Abram's gifts from his great grandparents, a beautiful antique wooden rider with a chrome plate from my grandfather's motorcycle store

opening his rider that Mimi (my mom) & Paps got for him...I'll post a hilarious video of Abram's favorite thing to do with his rider (hopefully in the next few days)

what we gave Abram.  For now he loves holding the blocks in his hands while he crawls, just like his rings...silly kid

this boy LOVES to read

 speaking of what Abram loves, Gianna (Matthew's Goddaughter) is definitely on that list.  I'm not going to lie, I would not be opposed to a future union of these two...my grandbabies would be absolutely gorgeous (Gianna is b-e-a-utiful & A.B., well, you know, handsomest dude ever [besides his father, of course])


 yup, I was crying here

 & here, on the rocking horse that my dad & Cindy made from materials from the house they're building

with his cake (a giant cupcake) I made for him to go to town on.  He was all gentleman-like & didn't get near as messy as I thought he would.  There's plenty of time for me to teach him to get all dirty in the future (among other boyish things).  Since I was constantly outside on some practice field or playing football with the boys at recess through middle school, between my tomboy self & Matthew, little boy will have plenty of opportunities :)

here are the pics I take each month that I post about here



Abram's photo book containing all his ultrasounds, my weekly pregnancy pics, our maternity shoot, newborn photo shoot, A.B.'s monthly pics, & pics Matthew has taken of little boy since he's been born 

after most everyone had pieced out, little dude had his cake & ate it, too (he actually liked the organic icing...it was sa-weet!)


It was a beyond fun day.

We feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful, memorable, & healthy first year with Abram.  We never want to take for granted any moment we have had with sweet boy.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of being Abram's earthly parents...we feel so honored that You chose to give him to us!

No comments: