Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day?


Just about 17 months ago, I officially became a mommy.

I have waited my entire life to be able to celebrate Mother's Day & have looked forward to being able to celebrate this "holiday" more than any other.

I mean, if they had "Wife's Day" that would have been the holiday I looked forward to the most, but you know what they say, everyday is wife's day...haha, yeah right.

Well, when it comes to Mother's Day, I do feel like that statement is true.


Everyday is Mother's Day.


Don't get me wrong, since there is a day when it is pretty much expected that I get treated all nice & get a handwritten card & get to go out to eat & get pampered & get to do all the fun things about being a mom (meaning Matthew takes care of feeding & diapering little dude) then wow, I am all for it!


But, really...to me, everyday is Mother's Day.


Everyday I get to kiss chubby cheeks countless time, tickle soft thighs & neck crevices, play hide & go seek around counter islands, have story time...all sorts of fun things.

Yes, I also change super gross diapers, wipe boogery noses, wash grimy hands, feed a sometimes picky eater, say "no" at least two dozen times, supervise timeout, & stop the ever important thing I was doing when someone suddenly decides they wanted to wake up early (thankfully this doesn't happen too often).  And don't even get me started on what I'll be doing during those super scary I-have-a-teenager days...yikes.


But you know what?
For this sweet boy...



I do that not-so-fun stuff countless times because it means I get to be his mommy.

And because...


Everyday is Mother's Day.


And I wouldn't have it any other way  :)


Happy (early) Mother's Day to all my fellow mommies!

No comments: