This kid...
Whew!
He sure is something. While so much of me is so excited for having another newborn in a matter of months (I LOVE little babies), the other part of me is loving how much A.B. is maturing & growing from a toddler into a little boy.
This pic was snapped last week on my phone during one of Abram's new favorite games...and he does have a few of them he's partial to nowadays.
This particular game we call "nigh nighs". He points to his crib for me to put him in (he has made zero attempts to climb in or out yet...yay!) & then proceeds to turn on all his gizmos we have for him during naps & bedtime...he runs to his fan & turns it on, he grabs his Twilight Turtle & chucks it up on his changing table, he turns on his sound machine & bedtime music on his Scout. Once he's in his crib he says "nigh nigh", pops a binky in, grabs his 2 extra binks that he holds when he sleeps & turns on his crib mobile & seahorse. He'll lay there flipping around every 30 sec. or so while I read to him from his glider. After about 10-15 min. he wants out & we go on playing whatever we were playing before the nigh nigh game. Cracks me up.
A not so fun game he's been into lately is bolting & having us chase him. It hasn't gotten to the point where I feel like we need to leash him or anything. Speaking of leashes, that's my biggest example of pre-parenting, judgey statements I made before having a kid. The first time I saw a kid in one of those backpack leashes I thought, "wow, that parent needs to discipline their kid & not rely on a freaking leash...they're a child, not a pet!" Ummm, not so fast, Lyns. After Abram became mobile, my experience turned my statement to "well, I don't think I'll ever use one, but if I eventually get a 'runner' I might buy one." Now that Abram's into this chasing game my verb-age has changed to "it's awesome they make those things & they're actually pretty cute!" We still haven't bought one & don't plan on it since we're trying to work on disciplining him through it. Ask me again after the new baby comes...we might have caved & bought one by then.
His father plays with him all.the.time so in Abram's defense, it's hard for him to tell when we really want him to come with us & when we're just playing a chasing game. Anyone braved & conquered this yet? I don't want to quit playing this game totally...as an athlete, I LOVED any kind of chasing game growing up (possibly b/c I usually won?). Solutions, anyone? We've thought about having a word we use that will stop him in his tracks. We use "dangerous" when we're in the house so we're thinking of trying to use something like "halt" since we naturally say "stop" too often & he would get confused. We're trying it this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.
Speaking of crazy kid, he'll be waking up soon (along with is playmate, Nicholas, who I nanny for 1-2 days per week) so I better run.
I'm hoping to do an update on bean #2 soon along with some belly pics (that I have been awful at taking this time around). I don't see a difference, but a fair amount of family & friends have said I'm carrying slightly differently. I'm also hoping to blog more than once or twice per month, ugg, I've been terrible lately!
Here's to Autumn arriving in 8 days & the awesomeness that brings :)
No comments:
Post a Comment