We Fohner's totally took advantage of our day off today...
and headed to the National Zoo in D.C...
the Reptile House...not my favorite animals, but got some cool pics...
love these colors...
Thew & I kinda wished we would've jacked a pedometer from our schools for the day just to see how many miles we got...
the cousins of this guy used to hide in the shallow waters of our backyard river when I was growing up...I always wanted to wade out just to feel the cool water & mud between my toes when it was low tide, but knowing that something like this liked to nap in the mud & had jaws strong enough to bite through my toes like they were carrots stopped me...
I used to have a consistent nightmare when I was younger that my little bro's & I would run down the hill of our backyard to the water & jump off our pier only to open my eyes under water to see the cousins of this guy swimming around...I would always awake in a cold sweat not wanting to go swimming in the Magothy anymore...duh...
I still get the hebby-jebbies on the occasional fall from the wakeboard, kneeboard, or tube...
this guy was sooo tiny...
no bears...the pandas were sleeping by the time we made our way over to the Asia section of the zoo...
fav pic of a pic...if only they didn't eat their own poop (guess who recorded a video of that to send to Ed & Kyle...you're welcome, Jeanette & Ash, for me not doing the same to you)...
actually as I write this...that same person just sent me the same video...wow, I guess getting ready to enter into your last year of your 20's is making someone resort back to their middle school days...
if you haven't been to the Nat Zoo, the overhead ropes go between indoor & outdoor areas where the monkeys can play...
wish I would've had enough memory on my camera to post a video what this guy & his friend were doing...hiding underneath cardboard that they would strategically place underneath a dripping fountain...hilarious! They didn't want to get wet so every time the cardboard would get soppy they would punch it & switch positions...I could've watched it all afternoon!
I felt like this guy in the middle of the pic yesterday...took a sick day & everything...
I had to skip out on teaching Youth Group last night, but I know those prayers that were lifted up for me did wonders...woke up feeling bad again today, but wanted to brave the zoo anyway...feeling a ton better now...
wish I had these guys around me all the time to make me laugh...there's just something about small rodents...
that cracks me up...if I had to write a caption for this one, I don't even know what it would be, but this guy made me want to tune into "Meerkat Manor"...he just plopped down & started staring at his stomach...
we had a blast...& for only $15!
entering the park is free, & parking costs don't exceed $20...even for the whole day...
until next time...here's the Fohner Fam signing off :)
No comments:
Post a Comment